Language is a city to the building of which every human being brought a stone.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nido Verde Di Reggio Emilia is a Spanish Immersion Preschool that works with infants, toddlerspreschool through Kindergarten. We strive to provide different learning avenues to all our students. We have programs of once, twice and three times a week for children up to age 3 and full-time Monday through Friday for those in the PYP (Primary Years Programme) who are typically older than 3. We also have an afterschool program, a Spring break camp, and a Summer camp.
NVRE is designed to stimulate young people to be intellectually curious and equipped with the tools to investigate the world. Our students dig deeper into their perception of the world, which is the most important part of a child’s learning. NVRE sees our children with unlimited potential who are eager to interact with and contribute to the world in a compassionate way. We strive to motivate children to be driven by curiosity and imagination, encouraging them to delight in taking the responsibility for his or her own learning.
To make all this happen, NVRE employs its components of Spanish immersion, the International Baccalaureate PYP curriculum, the Reggio Emilia Approach, and its accreditation by the NAEYC.
As part of an overall educational approach, we utilize a Spanish language program in which the children are immersed in Spanish while participating in activities. In order to achieve the desired levels of Spanish proficiency, children must be fully immersed in the language as early as possible. Children learn through experience and integration. We use story time, singing, dancing, arts and crafts, drama, puppets, free time in centers, gymnastics, and recess to help children develop motor skills, hand-eye coordination, order, sequence, confidence and concentration.
Our Mission: “We understand that children learn best by exposing them to a wide variety of educational opportunities that encourage active and creative learners. NVRE provide a learning in an environment that respects their natural inclinations to explore, inquire and investigate through play base learning.”
Our goal is to form compassionate learners, cultivate the skills that are at the foundation of a life of happiness and success: cooperative and individual problem-solving, analytical thinking, emotional intelligence and empathy, cultural competence – as well as early literacy and math skills and real-world
“There are a hundred languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all”
Students at NVREare introduced to the Spanish language through linguistic immersion. This method helps children feel comfortable rather than confused or pressured. Introducing each language naturally through everyday situations in the same way as learning a native tongue, creates an environment where Spanish is not a subject matter.
- Promote a progressive approach that encourages children’s learning trough hands-on experiences and opportunities for multi- sensory, exploration and discovery.
- Promote peer relationships and enjoy the classroom social group.
- Integrate creativity, natural expressions. and free self-expression of all feelings, in acceptable ways; to develop positive qualities and attitudes.
- Foster fantasy play that enables imagination, ideas, and creative thinking process.
- Empower children through active learning experiences.
- Balance the needs and values in our children through philanthropy to improve world communities.
- Provide the environment as a third teacher.
- Promoting the culture of learning that support our students to be constructors and protagonists of their own learning.
- Inquiry-based learning is driven by children’s thoughts through questions and personal interest.
- To foster awareness of the world by participating in a verity of experiences.
- To provide an environment that gives the child the opportunity to learn by doing-moving from concrete hands-on experiences to more abstract concept development.
- Develop highly trained and effective educators from around the world with positively influence in education.