NVRE admits students of any race, color, nationality and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate based on race, color, nationality and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
This policy provides guidance and information on confidentiality procedures and policies at our school and is applicable to all staff, pupils, parents and administrators. In order to ensure this document is properly explained and discussed, it is available upon request and delivered in person. This Policy was written by Nido Verde De Reggio Emilia staff in collaboration with children, parents and administrators.
NVRE parents must provide child with their own healthy snacks and lunch. Students are required to bring a morning snack, an afternoon snack and a lunch daily. If a parent would like to provide snacks for the classroom, they must be individually wrapped. All children must bring their own daily water bottle. We are becoming a “green” school and phasing out paper products. The school does not provide any food or snacks.
Please see the following requirements:
- Any milk leftover must be discarded after an hour if not completely consumed.
- Milk must be warmed in water at no more than 120 degrees Fahrenheit for no more than 5 minutes.
- Sweetened beverages must be avoided.
- Solid food and fruits juices must not be served to infants younger than 6 months old. If juice is provided, it must be 100% juice and must not be more than 4 ounces a day.
- Children 4 years old and younger are not offered: hot dogs (whole or sliced), whole grapes, nuts, popcorn, raw peas, hard pretzels, spoonful of peanut butter, and chunks of raw carrot or meat larger than can be swallowed.
Nido Verde Di Reggio Emilia is open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. After-school programs are offered from 3:15 to 6:00 p.m.
- Infant to two-year-old must arrive no later than 9:30 a.m.
- must arrive no later than 8:30 a.m.
- Kinder–1st grade must arrive no later than 8:15 a.m.
- Infant to two-year-old dismiss no later than 6:00 p.m.
- (PP3)3 years through 1st. grades, dismissal is promptly at 3:15 p.m. with the option of after school/extra curriculum activities for an additional fee.
The reason for our dress code is that we believe students can better express their individuality and ideas in a community that ignores the pressures of fashion, style and expense. Our dress code provides structure for our academic endeavors and minimizes the peer pressures and stress so often connected with dress issues. The way we dress symbolizes our unity of purpose and the equality of our educational opportunity in this community. Teachers and administrators will pay particular attention to enforcing the dress code. A note will be sent home with your child if they are not following the dress code. Please refer to the parent’s handbook for specifications.